The ENO Mackerras Fellowship celebrates the legacy of Sir Charles Mackerras, ENO Music Director between 1970 and 1977, by providing a unique opportunity for an exceptional emerging conducting talent to develop their skills through a structured two year programme with mentoring from ENO Music Director, Mark Wigglesworth.
Throughout the programme, the fellow works closely with our music director, acts as assistant conductor and off-stage conductor for selected ENO productions, assists and supports our ENO Harewood Artists and shadows Mark Wigglesworth at his guest conducting and recording engagements.
Current Mackerras Fellow: Fergus Macleod
- Joining ENO
- My first opera at ENO - Xerxes
- A Martian, a Penguin and Four Gizmos - not your average month at ENO
- Creating a new opera - Between Worlds
- Lady Macbeth of Mtsensk: a new season, a new piece and a new boss
- Preparing for The Mikado
- Three primary schools and The Mikado
The ENO Mackerras Fellowship is made possible with the generous philanthropic support of The Philip Loubser Foundation.