The Music Director is at the heart of our work, driving the company musically and playing a vital role in many areas of the Company’s work, from repertoire to casting.
In August 2015 Mark Wigglesworth began his tenure as ENO Music Director. He is recognised internationally as a masterly interpreter, creating performances of great sophistication and rare beauty.
The Music Director’s Circle was established in 2008. This enlightened group of supporters invests in this pivotal role, enjoying unrivalled access to the Music Director and a personal association with him and his work.
Members of the Music Director’s Circle are invited to make an annual donation of £10,000. Supporters enjoy the highest level of benefits available to Opera Circle Patrons and exclusive opportunities to meet the Music Director throughout the year at rehearsals and special events such as:
- Access to Sitzprobe and Stage & Orchestra rehearsals
- First Night pre-show talk, post-performance party and complimentary programme for every new production throughout the season
- An exclusive annual reception to discuss the forthcoming season over drinks with the Music Director
- A special annual celebration of the highlights of the season with the Music Director, principal singers and members of the production and creative teams
- Priority access to all ENO Opera Circle Events
- Experience a Stage & Orchestra rehearsal led by the Music Director while sitting in the Orchestra Pit*
- Special access to discussion evenings and receptions around the Music Director’s productions– Detailed production reports for all productions conducted by the Music Director
Gift Aid and VAT information
For Gift Aid and VAT purposes, your contribution for the Music Director’s Circle is split as follows: Benefits £195 and Donation £9,805
All levels of ENO membership and patronage comprise a benefits value detailing the actual cost of membership to the charity. These benefits can be purchased separately at this price. Any amounts given over and above this benefits value are given freely as a donation and are eligible for Gift Aid. To discuss purchasing benefits separately please contact the Development Office on 020 7845 9241.